Meeting agendas and updates are issued from the Town Clerk’s Office. To receive these by email or text, sign up for Carrboro Town News at townofcarrboro.org/signup
Civic involvement is a valued tradition in our community. Reach the Town Council with your ideas, views and questions at email@example.com
The Town Council will meet virtually at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 15, to consider the agenda https://bit.ly/35da4xC that will be posted at carrboro.legistar.com
To view, livestream at carrboro.legistar.com or YouTube.com/CarrboroNC OR Cable TV 18 (in Carrboro). To speak at the meeting email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Carrboro Town Council met virtually Tuesday, June 8, and took the following actions on the agenda posted at https://bit.ly/3wXwWgp
- Recognition of Carrboro Civic Club: The Town Council recognized the Carrboro Civic Club for their contributions to the community and passed a resolution thanking them for the donation of the property at 108 Bim Street.
- Consideration of Proposed Text Amendments to the Land Use Ordinance to Establish Requirements for EV Charging Stations: The Town Council approved amendments to the Land Use Ordinance covering new requirements for EV charging stations and EV capable infrastructure to the existing parking standards.
- Independent Audit Contract for Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2021: The Council awarded contracts for the Town’s annual independent audit for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2021, and a Local Government Employees’ Retirement System (LGERS) Pension Attestation.
- Public Hearing for Town Manager’s Recommended Budget for Fiscal Year 2021-2022: The Council received a presentation and received public input on the Town Manager’s Recommended Budget for FY 2021-22 which is posted at https://www.townofcarrboro.org/2548/Recommended-Annual-Operating-Budget-2021
- The budget is scheduled for adoption on June 22.
- The total budget recommended by the Town Manager is $71.6 million comprised of General Fund at $25 million, Special Revenue Fund at $3.3 million, Capital Fund at $41.9 million, Storm Water Utility Enterprise Fund recommended budget is $971,254; and Parking Enterprise Fund is $290,500.
- Two notable changes in the 2021-22 recommended budget include: a) increase of the property tax rate for Affordable Housing Fund from l cent to 1.5 cent; and, b) a change in the Town’s health insurance program from the traditional co-insurance Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) to a high deductible health plan (HDHP). This will decrease the cost of health insurance costs for the Town by $546,612 with subsequent reductions in premiums paid by employees.
- Carrboro Tourism Development Authority (CTDA) FY2021-22 Report: The Council received a summary of the CTDA activities and the FY2021-22 Budget.
- Friends of Bolin Creek: The Council received a presentation from the Friends of Bolin Creek on the Conservation Planning Guide.
About the Town Council
The Town Council is the legislative and policy-making body for Carrboro, consisting of seven elected members: Mayor Lydia Lavelle, Mayor Pro Tempore Barbara Foushee, Council Member Jacquelyn Gist, Council Member Randee Haven-O’Donnell, Council Member Susan Romaine, Council Member Damon Seils, and Council Member Sammy Slade. More information is available at http://townofcarrboro.org/248/Town-Council