BOARD OF ALDERMEN MEETING SUMMARY FOR 10/16/18
The Carrboro Board of Aldermen met on Tuesday October 16, 2018. Following is a brief summary of noteworthy actions. It does not include all actions taken at the meeting and should not be viewed as official minutes. Meeting Materials
for this meeting, and previous meetings, are available on the Town of Carrboro website. PROCLAMATIONS AND RESOLUTIONS
- The Board of Aldermen approved a resolution to call for a repeal of the Hyde Amendment.
- Mayor Lavelle proclaimed October 2018 as Reduce Singe Use Plastics Month in Carrboro.
- Mayor Lavelle proclaimed Carrboro as a Breastfeeding Family Friendly Community.
- The Board approved the meeting minutes for the October 2nd and October 9th meetings.
- The Board adopted the Strategic Priorities Framework for Human Services Funding.
- The Board approved to amend the Town Code to allow for Green Burial in the Old Carrboro Cemetery.
- The Board heard a presentation on the NC 54 West Corridor Study.
To sign up for future Board of Aldermen news flashes, please visit http://www.townofcarrboro.org/list.aspx and register for the Board of Aldermen News.
- The Board continued the public hearing on Sanderway AIS Conditional Use Permit to November 13, 2018