BOARD OF ALDERMEN MEETING SUMMARY FOR 2/5/19
The Carrboro Board of Aldermen met on Tuesday February 6, 2019. Following is a brief summary of noteworthy actions. It does not include all actions taken at the meeting and should not be viewed as official minutes. Meeting Materials for this meeting, and previous meetings, are available on the Town of Carrboro website.
REQUESTS FROM VISITORS AND SPEAKERS FROM THE FLOOR
- Mayor Lavelle proclaimed February 2019 as Black History Month in Carrboro.
- Ellie Kinnaird provided the Board with an update on Club Nova.
- The Board approved the January 15, 2019 and January 22, 2019 previous meeting minutes.
- The Board approved a resolution to reschedule the Board Retreat date to March 23, 2019
- The Board authorized a continuance of the Affordable Housing Review meeting for Beaumont(Zinn Project off of Smith Level Road.)
- The Board was provided with a presentation by the Truth Plaque Task Force. The Board approved the recommendation form the Task Force and authorized up to $5000 to fund the plaque, and any unused funds can be used for other historical markers.
- Town Staff provided the Board with information about Electric Scooters and other shared active transportation systems
- Town Staff provided a presentation on a pilot application process for the Affordable Housing Special Revenue Fund.
To sign up for future Board of Aldermen news flashes, please visit http://www.townofcarrboro.org/list.aspx and register for the Board of Aldermen News