The following is a tentative plan for Carrboro Business Holiday Promotion for 2016. Anyone can participate! Wendy and Bridget of Cameron's are leading this charge, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with your feedback!
Carrboro 4th Quarter Events
- Small Business Saturday: November 26th
- Kick off - distribute goody bags with coupons from local stores, restaurants and services at Town Hall or Farmer's Market
- Encourage folks to brunch then shop in Carrboro
- Giving Tuesday: November 29th
- collect cans of food for IFC and Table
- businesses might consider offering discounts to people who bring in cans of food
- still planning theme but definitely kid friendly with snow and fun activities: show a movie maybe Elf or Grinch
- have other events in downtown Carrboro to keep people moving through the town: readings on the
Weaver Street lawn, events at Ali Cat, etc
- Tree Lighting and 2nd Friday Artwalk: December 9th
- tree lightings at Townsend and Bertram and Town Commons
- school choruses or pop-up caroling
- have a window decorating contest for businesses with a chance to win ad space, let the town vote
(more details to follow)
- raffle off a basket filled with items from Carrboro businesses (more details to follow)
- Christmas Parade: December 10th
- encourage people to come to Carrboro to watch the parade and have breakfast/brunch by offering
- encourage people to stick around and shop by offering deals
Sip and Stroll: Carr Mill Mall, date to be determined
If you are interested in getting involved in any of these events, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We’d love to hear your ideas and to add your events to this list!
P.S. Please share this email with other Carrboro Businesses and invite them to sign up for newsflash from the Carrboro Economic and Community Development Department at www.townofcarrboro.org. Thanks!