Residential Solid Waste Services Brochure (brochure in PDF format)
Residents must place trash in roll-out containers. The containers are 95 gallon capacity and may be purchased from the Town Hall receptionist at 301 W. Main Street. You may print a Roll-out Trash Container Order Form and mail along with a check or purchase in person at Town Hall. Public Works will deliver the container to your residence within 2 business days of receipt of payment.
To use the online form, follow these steps -
Step 1: Download and print the Roll-out Trash Container Order Form.
Step 2: Mail completed form and check to Carrboro Town Hall, Attn. Roll-out Trash Container, 301 W. Main St., Carrboro, NC 27510.
Please follow these simple guidelines when disposing of garbage and household trash:
- Containers shall be placed adjacent to the street by 7:30 am on collection day (but not before dark on day prior to collection) and removed from the pick-up point by 6:00 am the day following the collection day.
- All household trash must be placed in a garbage bag and then placed inside the container.
- Place containers at the street with the lid opening toward the street.
- Allow 3 feet of clearance between your container and any other item including the recycle container.
- To report service problems, call 918-7425 or email the Solid Waste Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for following these tips. It helps us provide better service to you. Please see the holiday schedule below for alternate day collections.