Curbside Collection of Yard Waste:
Curbside collection of yard waste is provided about twice per month and does not require you to call to schedule a collection. Limbs up to 3 feet long and 4 inches in diameter will be collected in a pile. Piles that will take 1 person longer than 10 minutes to collect (about a small pick up truck load) will have a fee assessed by the Solid Waste Supervisor and a door hanger placed on your door. Piles requiring a fee will be collected within two (2) business days upon receipt of payment. You may also dispose of smaller yard debris such as grass and leaves (no dirt) as follows:
- In your roll-out yard waste container (see below to find out how to get one)
- Up to 8 plastic bags per collection day
- Unlimited paper yard waste bags per collection day
- Clean (uncontaminated) container of your choice
- Filled bags/containers (other than roll-out containers) must not weigh more than 50 pounds
Yard Waste Containers may be purchased from the Town Hall receptionist at 301 W. Main Street. You may also visit our website and print a Yard Waste Container Order Form and mail it to Town Hall along with a check or money order. Public Works will deliver the container to your residence within two (2) business days of receipt of payment. Please contact Public Works at (919) 918-7425 for current container pricing.
The Town can not collect debris cut by a private contractor. This should be disposed of by the contractor.