American Rescue Plan
The American Rescue Plan Act 2021 was signed into law by President Biden on March 11, 2021. This act provides U.S. cities and counties with $130.2 billion through December 31, 2024. The Town of Carrboro will receive $6.75 million as part of this allocation. These funds will be used to help offset revenue losses resulting from the pandemic, as well as fund other community needs.
The Town is reaching out to hear your views for the best uses of American Rescue Plan funds. An initial survey is being provided this fall, and more outreach will be underway with our community in coming months.
To complete the online survey, please visit the following:
• English Survey – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Z3PPXR8
• Spanish Survey – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3JM5Z7M
• Burmese Survey - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/39FXXB3
Communication and engagement activities will support an established framework to consider how best to use the funds.
- Support public health expenditures
(fund personal protective equipment, behavioral healthcare, and certain public health and safety staff)
- Address negative economic impacts
(provide aid for workers, nonprofits, households, small businesses, affected industries and public sector)
- Provide premium pay for essential workers of the Town of Carrboro
- Services to disproportionately impacted communities
(fund education assistance, child care, affordable housing, services for unhoused persons, lead remediation)
- Invest in infrastructure
(water, stormwater, energy conservation, sewer, and broadband)
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Carrboro To Survey Residents about Town Services (12/3/2021)
- Seeking Input on American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Funding (11/22/2021)
- Framework for Development of the Use and Spending of ARPA Funds (10/12/2021)
- Status Report on American Rescue Plan Act Funding (9/7/2021)
- Short-term American Rescue Plan Act Funding Plan Authorization (6/14/2021)
- Orange County Recovery and Transformation Plan Update (6/15/2021)
- American Rescue Plan Act - Eligible Programs and Expenditures (5/27/2021)
- Orange County Recovery and Transformation Plan (4/28/2021)
- American Rescue Plan Act Project Ordinance (4/22/201)
- One-time Pandemic Response Payment to Essential Town of Carrboro Employees (4/7/2021) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
For an overview of the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds program including expanded use of eligible uses, see the U.S. Department of the Treasury website.
This page will be updated regularly.