Meeting agendas and updates are issued from the Town Clerk’s Office. To receive these by email or text, sign up for Carrboro Town News at townofcarrboro.org/signup
Civic involvement is a valued tradition in our community. Reach the Town Council with your ideas, views and questions at email@example.com
The Town Council will meet virtually at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 23, to consider an agenda https://bit.ly/3duLjCo also available at carrboro.legistar.com
To view, livestream at carrboro.legistar.com OR YouTube.com/CarrboroNC OR Cable TV 18 (in Carrboro). To speak at the meeting email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Carrboro Town Council met virtually Tuesday, Feb. 16, on the agenda a bit.ly/2Zaf8jc and took the following actions:
- Recognition of Black Lives Matter Town Murals: The Town Council recognized the artists behind the recent Black Lives Matter Town Murals. View the recognition video at youtu.be/T6MkHBxPkbY
- Monthly Reports from Police, Fire, Stormwater Utility, and Economic Development: The Council received the reports.
- Public Hearing on Text Amendments to the Land Use Ordinance Relating to Dimensional Requirements in B-1(C) and B-1(G) Districts, Permit Requirements for Town-Owned and Operated Facilities, and Tree Canopy Coverage Standards: The Town Council closed the public hearing to consider an ordinance to amend the text of the Land Use Ordinance.
- Comprehensive Plan Process: Carrboro Connects, the Town’s Comprehensive Planning process, continues to move forward with task force meetings and community engagement. The Council received an update on the current process and progress of this effort. Learn more at www.carrboroconnects.org
- Information on Text Amendments Required as part of G.S. Chapter 160D, Part 2: The Council received the second installment of draft text amendments to the Land Use Ordinance required by the adoption of G.S. Chapter 160D.
About the Town Council
The Town Council is the legislative and policy-making body for Carrboro, consisting of seven elected members: Mayor Lydia Lavelle, Mayor Pro Tempore Barbara Foushee, Council Member Jacquelyn Gist, Council Member Randee Haven-O’Donnell, Council Member Susan Romaine, Council Member Damon Seils, and Council Member Sammy Slade. More information is available at http://townofcarrboro.org/248/Town-Council