CARRBORO, NC -- The 2d Friday Art Walk around downtown Carrboro and Chapel Hill is back in full swing with participating galleries excited to welcome visitors on Friday, Sept. 8.
The second Friday of every month through November, rain or shine, Downtown Carrboro and Chapel Hill will showcase The Carrboro-Chapel Hill 2nd Friday Art Walk.
Explore art galleries, artist studios, shops and restaurants. There will also be live music, performances, spoken word poetry and more. Venues are generally open late afternoon and evening hours.
Participating venues and their exhibitions include the following:
- The ArtsCenter at 400 Roberson St., Carrboro, NC 27510
Featuring: De Colores Exhibit Opening and Artist Panel
- FRANK Gallery at 370 E. Main St., Carrboro, NC 27510
Featuring: Opening for new exhibit with artists R. Scott Horner, Kaidy Lewis, Susan Filley, Joe Grant and Polina Varlamova
- The Frame & Print Shop at University Place 201 S. Estes Suite 400C, Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Featuring: A Staff Art Exhibition - Pre Art Walk exhibit from 4-6 p.m.
- North Carolina Crafts Gallery at 212 W Main St, Carrboro, NC 27510
Featuring: Jillian Nicole Boivin of Charlotte, NC
- Peel Gallery + Photo Lab, 708 W Rosemary St., Carrboro, NC 27510
Featuring: Opening reception for Amy Herman until and then again
- This & That Gift Gallery at 118 E. Main St., Carrboro, NC 27510
- The Wallflower Gallery at 102 Merritt Mill Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27516
Featuring: A quest for meaning and beauty through visual artists' work.
For more information, please visit the galleries and venues listed above. Enjoy!
At FRANK Gallery located at 370 E. Main St. Suite 130, Carrboro, NC: Along with their individual work, R. Scott Horner and Kaidy Lewis are displaying their collaborative pieces. Working together to create paintings is a dynamic process that has been in the works for a little over a year. Learn more at https://www.frankisart.com/exhibits-events/