Go fishing. It’s fun! You don’t even need your own stuff. Borrow a rod and reel, tackle box, and a bag of accessories for free! Return the equipment to the next business day. Anderson Community Park, off of Highway 54, west of Carrboro has a pond that is stocked with fish. This program is offered in conjunction with the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission. This is a Free! program!
- All equipment (rod / reel) is due back on the next business day after the loan. If it is loaned out on a Friday, it is due back on Monday.
- An individual can come back as often as they like to be loaned equipment.
- Tackle equipment is available through the Recreation, Parks, & Cultural Resources office located in the Century Center.
- Youth under 16 years of age will be given a goodie bag containing fishing information, fishing goodies, and a free tackle box (the box is in the goodie bag). Only one tackle box per youth.
- Youth under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian’s signature along with the parent’s address before the tackle can be loaned. The registration forms must be filled out and a loaner card will be issued to each participant.