Meeting agendas and updates are issued from the Town Clerk’s Office. To receive these by email or text, sign up for Carrboro Town News at carrboronc.gov/signup
Civic involvement is a valued tradition in our community. Reach the Town Council with your ideas, views, and questions at Council@carrboronc.gov
The Town Council will meet next virtually at 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 15, to consider an agenda https://bit.ly/3vZVMzg that also will be posted at https://carrboro.legistar.com/
The Carrboro Town Council met virtually Tuesday, March 8, and took the following actions on the agenda posted at https://bit.ly/3q04idz
- The Council passed a resolution in solidarity with Ukraine and in opposition to the Russian invasion, assault and atrocities against the Ukrainian peoples. Read more at https://www.carrboronc.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=2057
- The Council authorized the Town Manager to sign a 2022 amendment to an existing Interlocal Agreement between Orange County and the towns of Carrboro and Chapel Hill to extend the agreement’s term to June 30, 2025.
- Carrboro Community Gardens Update – The Council received a presentation on the town’s community gardens. Jeanette O’Connor and Heidi Paulsen shared information about the Family Garden and the Carrboro Community Garden Coalition Garden in Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Park. Eric Allman shared information about the Baldwin Park garden.
- The Council authorized a compensation and class study with Management Advisory Group International Inc.
- The Council held a work session on the Carrboro Connects 2022-2042 Comprehensive Plan. The Council continues to receive public comment as it considers adoption. View the draft plan at https://www.carrboroconnects.org/public-hearing-draft
About the Town Council
The Town Council is the legislative and policy-making body for Carrboro, consisting of the following: Mayor Damon Seils, Mayor Pro Tempore Susan Romaine, Council Member Barbara Foushee, Council Member Randee Haven-O’Donnell, Council Member Danny Nowell and Council Member Sammy Slade. More information is available at http://carrboronc.gov/248/Town-Council